These recipes courtesy of Food Network Magazine.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
For the salad:
- 1 10-ounce bag American salad blend
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 small pickled peppers, such as pepperoncini
- 1 small vine-ripened tomato, quartered
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup large croutons
- 1 tablespoon grated
DirectionsCombine all the dressing ingredients and 1 to 2 tablespoons water in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth.
Place the salad blend in a large bowl and top with the remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle with the dressing.
SERVES 16 , 16 breadsticks
Write a Review! (optional)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fine salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch dried oregano
Make the dough: Place 1/4 cup warm water in the bowl of a mixer; sprinkle in the yeast and set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add the flour, butter, sugar, fine salt and 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons warm water; mix with the paddle attachment until a slightly sticky dough forms, 5 minutes.
Knead the dough by hand on a floured surface until very smooth and soft, 3 minutes. Roll into a 2-foot-long log; cut into 16 1 1/2-inch pieces. Knead each piece slightly and shape into a 7-inch long breadstick; arrange 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with a cloth; let rise in a warm spot until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Make the topping: Brush the breadsticks with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
Bake until slightly golden, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt with the garlic powder and oregano.
Brush the warm breadsticks with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with the flavored salt.
- Serve warm with salad.