1-3 boxes of Kraft Mac and cheese (please. no imitations)
1 Red bell pepper
(if the squash at the store looked good, I would have added one of those too)
1 bag Birdseye Steamfresh Premium Selects Broccoli Florets
1 bag Birdseye Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn
Shredded cheddar cheese, colby jack, whatever floats your boat
its done no
I shall note, perhaps, that you can use fresh broccoli as well. You could throw in a bag of cauliflower (it's the only way my hubby eats cauliflower). . but really. . . just know. . the red peppers make it a bang! So, if you want to be uber cheap, just the red peppers make it ooooh so good!
Another note, if you use a whole red bell pepper, use two boxes at least.. . otherwise...it'll be spicey. .and your tummy may hurt. FYI. Not that I've ever made that mistake, but use precautions!
Total time is 70 minutes ish. Before you go crazy.. just know that this is slow cooking.. so, you don't necessarily have to be in the kitchen cooking...for 70 minutes.
1. Chop and saute the bell pepper on LOW heat for 30 ish minutes, turning somewhat infrequently.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and slice zucchini. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and black pepper and place on baking sheet for . . 30 minutes . . and turn halfway through.
3. 3o minutes in. . . the red peppers can jive on the stove, and you can turn off the heat if you like same with the oven. .and start cooking the Mac and cheese to package directions.
4. While Mac and Cheese cooks, stick the frozen veggies into microwave, separately.
5. Heat the butter and milk for the mac and cheese, otherwise it tends to turn your macaroni cold. No good!
6. Mix it all together, pour shredded cheese on top, and mix again. It helps to keep a lid on it. . so that it stays nice and warm and the cheese gets all gooey and stringy and such.
Devour! Yeah, Oh it's really Good. Preferably with coke. But that's just icing on the cake.